Winning Techniques Coronavirus (COVID-19) Operational Plan
The health, safety and well-being of our staff, guests and community are of the utmost importance to us.
Policy Brief & Purpose
This policy includes measures we are actively taking to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. You are kindly requested to follow all measures to sustain a healthy and safe space in this unique environment. It’s important that we all respond responsibly and transparently. We assure you that we will always treat your private health and personal data with high confidentiality and sensitivity.
This coronavirus policy applies to all of our staff, as well as any guest at our facility.
Below we have outlined the required actions we have and will take to ensure the safety of all employees and guests in an effort to prevent potential coronavirus infection.
General public safety measures and hygiene:
- Shared sports equipment will be sanitized in between cohorts.
- Follow the Ontario Ministry of Health Guidance for Day Camps
- Continued adherence to Ontario Camps Association Standards
- All employees and campers are required to wash their hands after using the toilet, before eating, and if you cough/sneeze into your hands.
- Hand Sanitizers are available throughout the facility.
- Cough/sneeze into your sleeve, preferably into your elbow. If you use a tissue, discard it properly and clean/sanitize your hands immediately.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands to prevent from getting infected.
- Staff and guest are encouraged to get fully vaccinated as soon as possible.
- The main lodge has been re-purposed as our day camp centre. Check-in will be done outside at the administrative office, beside the lodge, located at 915 Hwy 592. Campers will be assigned a counsellor and room for their belongings. This provides a private bathroom for all cohorts.
- All staff members and guests will be subject to a No Touch Forehead Thermometer before entering the facility. If you have a fever, no matter how gradual, you will not be permitted to enter.
- If you’ve been in close contact with someone infected by COVID-19, with high chances of being infected yourself, please consider the safety of your community stay at home. You will also be asked not to come into physical contact with any other staff members or guests during this time.
- If you have symptoms such as: fever and/or chills, cough, shortness of breath, decrease or loss of taste or smell, sore throat or difficulty swallowing, runny or stuffy/congested nose, headache, nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea, extreme tiredness or muscle aches please stay home.
- If you have a positive COVID-19 diagnosis you can return to our facility only after you’ve fully recovered.
COVID 19 has presented all of us with challenges we have never seen before. It is recommended that you check back on this page regularly as it gets updated according to Provincial and Federal guidelines. We may adjust any of the above policies as needed.
Stay updated with daily government updates on COVID-19:
Government of Ontario
Government of Canada
Public Health Ontario