Winning Techniques Coronavirus (COVID-19) Operational Plan
Published: June 7, 2020
The health, safety and well-being of our staff, campers and community are of the utmost importance to us.
Policy Brief & Purpose
This policy includes measures we are actively taking to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. You are kindly requested to follow all measures to sustain a healthy and safe space in this unique environment. It’s important that we all respond responsibly and transparently. We assure you that we will always treat your private health and personal data with high confidentiality and sensitivity.
This coronavirus policy applies to all of our staff, as well as any guest at our facility.
Below we have outlined the required actions we have and will take to ensure the safety of all employees and guests in an effort to prevent potential coronavirus infection.
General public safety measures and hygiene:
- Maintain acceptable social distance of 2 meters or more.
- Shared sports equipment will be sanitized in between cohorts.
- Follow the Ontario Ministry of Health Guidance for Day Camps
- Continued adherence to Ontario Camps Association Standards
- All employees and campers are required to wash their hands after using the toilet, before eating, and if you cough/sneeze into your hands.
- Hand Sanitizers are available throughout the facility.
- Cough/sneeze into your sleeve, preferably into your elbow. If you use a tissue, discard it properly and clean/sanitize your hands immediately.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands to prevent from getting infected.
- For summer 2020 the main lodge has been re-purposed as our day camp centre. Check-in will be done at the administrative office, beside the lodge, located at 915 Hwy 592. Campers will be assigned a counsellor and room in the lodge for their belongings. This provides a private bathroom for all cohorts.
- All staff members and campers will be subject to a No Touch Forehead Thermometer before entering the facility. If you have a fever, no matter how gradual, you will not be permitted to enter.
- If you have recently returned from out of the country, we’ll ask you to remain home for 14 calendar days and return to our facility only if you are fully asymptomatic. You will also be asked not to come into physical contact with any other staff members or clients during this time.
- If you’ve been in close contact with someone infected by COVID-19, with high chances of being infected yourself, please consider the safety of your community stay at home. You will also be asked not to come into physical contact with any other staff members or clients during this time.
- If you have cold symptoms, such as cough/sneezing/fever, or feel poorly, please stay home.
- If you have a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, you can return to our facility only after you’ve fully recovered, with a doctor’s note confirming your recovery.
COVID 19 has presented all of us with challenges we have never seen before. It is recommended that you check back on this page regularly as it gets updated according to Provincial and Federal guidelines. We may adjust any of the above policies as needed.
Stay updated with daily government updates on COVID-19:
Government of Ontario
Government of Canada
Public Health Ontario
Dear Camp Family,
We sadly share the following Covid-19 news: 1) Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced his intention to close all overnight summer camps for 2020 & 2) The Burk’s Falls Arena had decided to close for the summer. This is heartbreaking for all campers, friends and family that have made Winning Techniques their special place in the world. Our Top 8 Skills, kindness, attitude, courage, excellence, teamwork, integrity, respect & responsibility are a guiding light in these challenging times. This is difficult, but life has continued for 99.99% of us and things are getting better. Parents with campers enrolled in 2020 camps, cancelled due to Covid-19, have 3 options: 1) Enrolment deferral to 2021 2) Donation to the Legacy Fund
or 3) Refund in full. Please communicate with firstname.lastname@example.org
and let us know how to proceed. We have been working hard preparing new and exciting additions and improvements to camp. We look forward to sharing them with you soon!
With love and support always,
Kim and Adam Grin